Friday, 20 May 2016

Review: Nerf Modulus Tri-Strike [3 in 1 goodness!]


The blaster does not come with the P-Mag. 
Recently, I managed to get my hands on the Nerf Modulus Tri-Strike thanks to non other than Gavin Fuzzy Customs.  We first heard about this blaster in January, and I made a speculation post which you can check out right here. I have been looking forward to getting this blaster for a long while, and I'm glad that I can review it now.

The Tri-Strike comes with a front barrel, a stock, and a 10 dart clip.
When all the parts are put together, the blaster fires 3 different type of ammunition- Elite darts, Mega darts, and Rockets.



The Main Body:
The Tri-Strike is a fusion of the Retaliator and Longstrike.
It's a bolt action clip system springer with a barrel and stock attachment piece. 


The bolt of the Tri-Strike is designed differently from the Longstike, Longshot, and Vulcan's. It's smaller, and in my opinion very comfortable. Furthermore, it still enables the blaster to retain it's low profile.
Do note that once the bolts are attached on, they cannot be taken off.


The jam door is located at the top of the blaster, nearer to the front. I have shot the blaster over 200 times and the only jams that occured was due to human error. This blaster slamfires. 

The blaster features a nice grip that has way more rounded edges as compared to the Modulus's grip. I personally like this grip because it's comfortable and fits my hand perfectly. Also, it does not feature excessive 'skeletal design' . The trigger for the Tri-Strike is also pretty comfortable and does not tire the finger that easily.
The only issue I face with the Tri-Strike is the clip release button. The reach for the clip release button is too far, and is very stiff. Perhaps the spring inside is too strong. I often find myself struggling when trying to reload.



Next we'll talk about the rocket launcher. The rocket launcher comes in two parts and can be assembled to form a single blaster. I find this idea very original so thumbs up to the designers at NERF HQ! The blaster splits into two- The stock(pump), and the barrel which can be attached to tactical rails.


The Stock has great ergonomics and is very comfortable.  


The barrel and the stock are connected together by a tube which delivers air from the pump to the barrel. 
Despite this dead space, the blaster still fires reasonably well.
Firing it is really simple- Just extend the stock, and slam it forward. The action of slamming the stock forward will decrease accuracy though.


Last but not least, is the front barrel attachment. Thr front barrel attachment fits on most blasters with the barrel attachment piece. It can hold four Mega darts and has the Smart- AR System.

To fire the blaster, simply push the hamp forward and slam it back. The Mega darts shoot reasonably well and accurate. The handle is quite large, but is comfortable.

All in all I love the Tri-Strike a lot. It is the first blaster that I've bought in a really long time and it definitely makes me want to get back into the Nerf scene again. All three parts of the blaster perform beyond my expectations, especially the main blaster. Ergonomics is on point, except for the clip release switch.  Two giant thumbs up to Nerf, and I hope they come up with more of these "3 in 1" blasters.
I recommend this blaster for anyone who wants a fun blaster with great performance for stock games.

Range:9/10
Accuracy:9/10
Rate Of Fire:8/10
Capacity:8/10
Total:8.5

Personal Rating:9.5/10

2 comments:

  1. Are the Mega darts in the barrel extension supposed to fire one-at-a-time or two-at-a-time? Mine is firing so inconsistently that I can’t tell.

    ReplyDelete